Okra or Lady Finger is known to regulate blood sugar due to its high fiber, low calorie, and mucilage.
I have yet to research the exact mechanism and other specific ingredients responsible for its benefits.
I cannot say whether the water where the okra was soaked is enough to control blood sugar.
From the story, the only thing we can conclude is that the sister of the person who wrote this message was able to control her blood sugar in two weeks using the solution. It is not enough to say that it actually works or if it will work on others.
Here are my recommendations:
- Try it, If it works for you, who’s to say that this is bogus?
- Since most accounts from traditional practice involves diet with okra, eat the whole okra. Don’t just drink the water where it was soaked. Part of what helps in regulating sugar is the okra’s fibers.
- When trying anything that claims to regulate blood sugar, be sure to monitor your blood sugar regularly (at least once every other day) while you’re at it because if it really works, your blood sugar might get dangerously low and you don’t want that.
- Diabetes is caused by a lot of factors and to resolve it adequately, you’ll need a lot more than okra. Increase your intake of fruits and veggies, not just for diabetes but for other health concerns as well.
- Treatment is good but prevention is a lot better. Don’t just focus on bringing the blood sugar down. Focus also on eliminating the factors that raise your blood sugar.